Sunday, April 20, 2014

Traces


Saturday Poem for national poetry writing month- one poem per day for the whole month of April.

Traces

You’ve got to want to find me.
You’ve gotta find a way,
Regardless of what they say.
How can it feel, this road,

on this moment,
how can it feel this road?
This all started in the morning light,
But now I feel no more.


Can you see me going down?
I am screaming out loud.
And the fear of God is in you now.
Let’s dissolve in the moonlight,

far away from this place,
let’s dissolve.


There must something in the way I feel
that he don’t want me to feel.
He stares and always cuts me,

but I don’t care,
so what if I bleed? 

I could never change what I feel,
my face could never show what is not real.
I could have lied,
I’m such a fool.
My eyes could never ever keep their cool.
He showed me and then told me how,
He stroked me but I’m fucked now.

And now he’s gone,
he’s so far away,
look at him,
I just want to stare.
His words just barely cut me,
I don’t care I can withstand.

 

References:
Portishead. (1994). Roads [1993–1994, State of Art and Coach House Studios]. On Dummy [CD]. Bristol: Go!Beat (1993-1994)

 

No comments: