Thursday, April 30, 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 30



NaPoWriMo Poem 30


 Rest in Peace

One last time to say good bye
before we can't see each other anymore.
Did you know about us?
All the hate and all the love?

One last time to see each other,
send me a message
to avoid all the sorrows.
One last dance,
to be close, for us.

The last goodbye is always the worse
because you never know
when is the time to go.
Action is the movement,
and sadness should not conquer
the love that will always prevail.

Fear of loneliness
and not having you to talk to;
may take over,
may dominate,
may bring forth about
the mountain of despair,
the annihilation of hope.

The anger and the hatred
will bring us to the brink
of emotional extinction.
The heavy feelings will permeate,
professing the intrinsic sadness
that will accompany our life's journey.

What's to come?
What's to be of me?
What about us?
I can't believe
what's happening to me!
My hopes,
my dreams,
my fantasies;
gone in one stance,
gone with the last breath taken from you.

Memento Mori,
forever and only
cradled in my consciousness.
Carpe Diem,
is the promise
made for you.
Carpe Noctem,
is the vow we made for us.


We honor the dead
by staying alive.
We honor the dead
by making them proud.
We honor the dead
by crying,
hating the fact that they died.
We honor the dead
by never complaining
that we are alive.











No comments: