Tuesday, April 28, 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 28

NaPoWriMo Poem 28

Blood

The living substance
we need to live
to prove our validity;
the proof of life
inside our bodies.

Blood is thicker than water,
as they say.
I say Nay!
Not, not, not!
I confer to disagree,
blood is just a substance
inside of one's body.

No!
Just because we share the same blood
does not mean I have to put up with your shit.
No!
Just because we share the same blood
does not mean you can do whatever you want with me.

Blood, the substance that confines
and defines the human civilization.
Every human has blood inside
and every blood is the same color,
and some can share the same type.

But not us,
not you and not me.
We are not related by anything.
the blood inside us will not define
our relationship standing.

This is not for us,
all we have is
silence;
memories of what you did,
and said and did not do
and your distorted version
of the facts.

The blood will not determine this,
the blood will exacerbate
ultimately assisting
in attaining the ever clear end that I need.














No comments: