Tuesday, April 28, 2020

NaPoWriMo DAY 27

NaPoWriMo Poem 27


The Gaslighter

I asked her,  do you like this?
Do you want this?
Is this your thing?
Because if it's not, then say it.
Speak out, if you don't want it,
if you don't like it,
it's understandable,
it's perfectly fine,
just be honest,
and tell me the truth.

And she said: "Yes, I like it,
yeah I'm fine with it,
as a matter of fact I know what to do,
I've been there, I know my way,
through and through".

I asked her again as days went by the same questions,
she always said the same: "Yes I do, yes I like it, 
yes I don't oppose it, yes I know what to do".

The final day came about.
When faced with the situation:
she backed out,
she said no,
she said is not her thing,
she said she's not a fan,
she said is no my favorite thing,
she said no, she doesn't like it.

When confronted as to why,
why would you say at first yes,
and then no?
She said: "I never said yes, I said sometimes, not all the times, 
I said it wasn't my thing, 
I said I like it, is not my favorite, but is not my thing".

Why say yes,
to later say no?
Why travel, and spend all that money
to say yes,
then say no?

The interrogation was full on.
Question after question,
all of them rejected by statements 
declaring: "why do you always complain about the same shit?
"There you go again, always with the same tune?
"Que mucho Jodes con la misma mierda!"

Reality struck
whenever she denied,
reality shattered
all of her lies.
There was no way to hide this,
for she know from day one 
what she was doing.
She thought that she could get away with it.


For some strange reason
she thought that it would not be an issue;
to her it wasn't that serious,
and no one will make her change.
"I am my own person,
no one is gonna make me do nothing that I don't wanna do".

Little did she know 
who she was dealing with;
the queen of the game,
the legend of wisdom and experience;
a bullshit cutter.

She lost, 
was unable to muster up
and proceed with what she had attested to.
She lost,
her stubborness got the best of her,
She lost,
she lied about the one thing
that was explicitly requested 
for her to comply with.
She lost,
the second she said she liked it
when she really didn't.
She lost,
and the last time they saw each other
was the last chance she was given 
to prove to her that she could be the one.
She lost,
Her.




  

No comments: